Suspect and victims of double murder identified | News
Update (11:00 a.m. Tuesday)-- Grand Rapids Police are also naming the suspect in Monday's double murder-suicide.
Officers say 27-year-old Marvin Duane Lockridge died from a single gunshot wound to the head.
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - Grand Rapids Police have released the identity of the two victims in a double murder suicide Monday.
Quiana Phillips, 31, and Chelsea Magoon, 21, died from gunshot wounds Monday in a vehicle parked at Arbor Circle near the corner of Ball Avenue and Leonard Street. A 27-year-old man also died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound later at the hospital.
Police say that the autopsy on the man will take place Tuesday and his identity is expected to be released later in the day.
Both women were Grand Rapids residents.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids North
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town GR South: Grand Rapids welcomes nationally acclaimed eco-chef
- 2 men try to rob Chicken Coop restaurant
- My Town GR South: College Avenue tree dressed up for Easter
- My Town GR South: Eastown celebrates Earth Day with plant exchange, gardening and bench building
- Generation Care expands into Grand Rapids