Proos mfg. to invest $5.7 million, add 50 new jobs | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- A "smart manufacturer" is increasing its workforce by 60 percent. Proos Manufacturing will invest $5.7 million and add 50 new jobs, according to the Right Place.
83 people currently work at the family-owned business. The investment will allow the company to renovate its Oak Industrial Drive facility to accommodate the expansion. Its headquarters will remain at 1037 Michigan Street NE in Grand Rapids.
Proos was established in 1919 and has been woman-owned since 2004, The company provides metal stampings for the automotive, industrial and office furniture industries.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids North
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry