Proos mfg. to invest $5.7 million, add 50 new jobs | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- A "smart manufacturer" is increasing its workforce by 60 percent. Proos Manufacturing will invest $5.7 million and add 50 new jobs, according to the Right Place.
83 people currently work at the family-owned business. The investment will allow the company to renovate its Oak Industrial Drive facility to accommodate the expansion. Its headquarters will remain at 1037 Michigan Street NE in Grand Rapids.
Proos was established in 1919 and has been woman-owned since 2004, The company provides metal stampings for the automotive, industrial and office furniture industries.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids North
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town: Our Kitchen Table improves lives through the power of plants