GRPS: Transformation plan getting positive feedback | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- Leaders of Grand Rapids Public Schools say they are receiving positive feedback about their proposed changes.
The school board met Monday afternoon for a special work session.
Members say parents have voiced their opinions on social media about the possible merger of Creston and City High Middle School. Members of the school board say much of that feedback has been supportive.
Students and parents are both commenting on the uniform policy, with most students against it.
The board also talked about how to enact the uniform policy, with the members saying they may begin with grades K-5 first.
Superintendent Teresa Weatherall Neal will meet with the board Wednesday to discuss the plan. The revised version of the full proposal will be submitted next Monday.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids North
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town GR South: Grand Rapids welcomes nationally acclaimed eco-chef
- 2 men try to rob Chicken Coop restaurant
- My Town GR South: College Avenue tree dressed up for Easter
- My Town GR South: Eastown celebrates Earth Day with plant exchange, gardening and bench building
- Generation Care expands into Grand Rapids